Requisition Number: WE-16275 Area of Interest: Supply Chain Organization: Corporate Brand/Division: West Elm Position Type: Full-time
Supply Chain & Purchase Order Coordinator - West Elm -THIS IS AN ENTRY LEVEL ROLE
Who we are: Born in Brooklyn. At home in the world. west elm has been helping customers express their personal style at home since the launch of our first catalog in 2002. Our home base is nestled down under the Manhattan Bridge in the DUMBO neighborhood of Brooklyn, NY, right above our flagship store. We are a dynamic, fast-paced brand with an exciting growth strategy. We value imagination, diversity and giving people the opportunity to explore, grow and shape our future. We look for innovative, smart and hard-working individuals who enjoy creative thinking and ingenuity. Help us carry out our mission of being a source of inspiration to our customers, creating a global community and tirelessly seeking ways to evolve our brand.
The Supply Chain team is responsible for the planning of strategic and operational initiatives to allow the business to drive sales, inventory, and profit objectives. Operating efficient business processes allows our brand flexibility to continue to be an innovator in the field and create new opportunities for the brand and individuals to grow, as well as create customer satisfaction.
The Supply Chain Coordinator impacts the organization by coordinating inventory purchases and managing various relationships between supply chain stakeholders. This role is a key player in managing inventory and maintaining cross-functional operational processes, impacting the supply chain directly and the environment the entire team works within. The ideal candidate will align with the brand by bringing creative thinking and innovation to help drive profitable business decisions. As west elm grows and expands in new marketplaces and broadens its supply chain footprint, the planning and execution of efficient supply chain strategies is crucial to maintaining market leadership and customer satisfaction.
* Create and maintain purchase orders based on the needs of cross-functional partners or supply chain constraints * Communicate and manage purchase order and transportation information with agents and vendors * Update weekly and ad-hoc reporting to ensure accuracy of inventory, costs, destination, and ETA dates * Track and update customer facing order dates to properly reflect customer backorder dates and receipt forecasts
* Partner with Inventory Management, Sourcing, Distribution Center Operations, and Logistics teams to investigate problems and develop solutions to maintain an efficient supply chain
* Love to work collaboratively in a group, you have an innate willingness to dig in and contribute with your team * Have strong attention to detail, follow through, communication skills * Are driven and motivated by the possibilities ahead * Pride yourself on the quality of work and are a stickler for the details
* Naturally challenge yourself to grow
REQUIREMENTS AND QUALIFICATIONS
* 1+ year of relevant experience or internship is preferred * Time management and communication skills
* Proficient in Excel and Microsoft Suite * Understanding of retail supply chain a plus * College degree preferred
We offer an extensive benefits package designed to help you grow, personally and professionally, to care for your family and to build a secure future. Depending on your position and your location, here's a look at what you might be eligible for:
* Competitive benefits, including medical, dental and vision insurance; tax-free spending accounts; same-sex domestic partner benefits; commuter benefits; and more * A 401(k) plan and other investment opportunities * Paid vacations, holidays and other time-off programs * A generous discount on all Williams Sonoma Inc. brands through multiple shopping channels * Cross-brand and cross-function career opportunities * Discounts on nearby gyms and other local businesses
This position is not eligible for visa sponsorship.
This role is not eligible for relocation assistance. Williams-Sonoma, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Williams-Sonoma, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Williams-Sonoma, Inc. will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, or other applicable state or local laws and ordinances.
* The salary listed in the header is an estimate based on salary data for similar jobs in the same area. Salary or compensation data found in the job description is accurate.