DSHS WSH Director of Psychology Services (Levittown)
Compensation: $192,290.00 - $192,290.00 /year *
Employment Type: Full-Time
Industry: Scientific Research
Loading some great jobs for you...
Job Title: DSHS WSH Director of Psychology Services
Opening Date/Time: Tue. 01/14/20 12:00 AM Pacific Time
Closing Date/Time: Tue. 01/28/20 11:59 PM Pacific Time
Salary: $9,166.67 - $9,583.33 MonthlyDSHS Director of Psychological Services
$110,000.00 - $115,000.00 Annually
Western State Hospital, one of the largest inpatient psychiatric hospitals with more than 800 beds has an opportunity for a driven leader to become our new Director of Psychology Services. You will have functional oversight of all psychological services within the hospital which serve individuals committed under forensic and civil statutes for behavioral health assessment and treatment.
There are five major components to this job. They are: (1) Developing and maintaining an integrated, coordinated system of psychological services that are based on best practices and support patient recovery and discharge readiness hospital-wide; (2) Providing clinical supervision of the psychology services supervisors in the Psychiatric Treatment and Recovery Center, East Campus/HMH and the Center for Forensic Services as well as oversight of psychology internship and practicum programs; (3) Ensuring that psychology staff are competent to provide psychological treatments and are adhering to hospital policies and procedures; (4) Ensuring that psychologist are providing civil forensic assessments, legal paperwork and expert clinical testimony services congruent with legal standards; and, (5) Collaborating with the Office of Forensic Mental Health Services assuring appropriate referrals for psychological assessments including referrals made to outside neuropsychology assessment services. An overview of what you'll do:
- Coordinating and promoting standards of excellence for hospital-wide psychological services.
- Collaborating with Center Directors and other discipline heads to integrate psychological services into hospital programs.
- Ensuring that psychological staff adjust services to meet patient needs.
- Coordinating referrals for psychological testing.
- Representing psychological treatment services with stakeholders, legal bodies and community partners.
- Providing direct clinical supervision to psychological services supervisors hospital-wide.
- Conducting program evaluations and clinical quality audits.
- Serving on the hospital's Executive Leadership Team.
Our top applicant has:
A doctoral degree in Psychology or Education (with a clinical emphasis) from an accredited school, and a current license to practice as a Psychologist in Washington State.
A minimum of two years post-graduate experience supervising and managing Psychologists is preferred.
- Extensive knowledge in best practices and standards related to psychological services to persons with severe mental illness and interactions with the legal system.
- Direct experience supervising discipline specific staff in a treatment environment.
- Extensive knowledge of psychological treatment models and most appropriate group and individual therapy treatments for individuals with serious mental illness.
Applicants with the following experience may be given preference:
- Significant history of experience providing psychological services to individuals with serious mental illness.
- Knowledge of CMS standards affecting psychological services delivery.
- Proven ability to communicate effectively with management, peers, patients and the public.
- Core understanding of psychiatric recovery principles.
- Leadership and management skills and abilities, including sound judgment, independent problem-solving, decision making conflict resolution, time management, relationship skills, ability to lead others through modeling and provision of accurate and constructive feedback.
- Working knowledge of DSHS, Federal and State policies, laws and standards relating to psychiatric hospitals.
- Ability to work collaboratively and interact respectfully with diverse staff and patients to accomplish the hospital mission.
- Computer skills such as Word, Outlook, Internet and Intranet, Tableau, and Visio.
Please attach a resume or CV. Feel free to contact Tracie Kidd via email or by phone (360) ###-#### if you have any questions about this job.
Prior to a new hire, a background check including criminal record history may be conducted. Information from the background check will not necessarily preclude employment but will be considered in determining the applicant's suitability and competence to perform in the job. This announcement may be used to fill multiple vacancies. Employees driving on state business must have a valid driver's license. Employees driving a privately owned vehicle on state business must have liability insurance on the privately owned vehicle.
Washington State Department of Social & Health Services is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate in any area of employment, its programs or services on the basis of age, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity/expression, marital status, race, creed, color, national origin, religion or beliefs, political affiliation, military status, honorably discharged veteran, Vietnam Era, recently separated or other protected veteran status, the presence of any sensory, mental, physical disability or the use of a trained dog guide or service animal by a person with a disability, equal pay or genetic information. Persons requiring accommodation in the application process or this job announcement in an alternative format may contact the Recruiter at (360) ###-####. Applicants who are deaf or hard of hearing may call through Washington Relay Service by dialing 7-1-1 or 1-800-###-####.
E-Verify is a registered trademark of the U.S. Department of Homeland Security
Associated topics: addict, clinical psychiatrist, clinical psychologist, dayrehab, mental health, psych, psychiatry, social behavior, social worker, sociology
* The salary listed in the header is an estimate based on salary data for similar jobs in the same area. Salary or compensation data found in the job description is accurate.
Loading some great jobs for you...