Intern - Product Development - Security Products, NSX
3899 La Selva Dr
Check out similar listings!
Loading some great jobs for you...
VMware Product Intern and New Graduate Opportunities:
VMware recognizes that today's students are tomorrow's trailblazers and we value the opportunity to benefit from your fresh perspective. If you thrive in an open, innovative, technology-driven culture, VMware could be the place for you! You will be exposed to a wide range of software platform technologies that are utilized by customers all over the world.
VMware is a global leader in cloud infrastructure and business mobility. VMware accelerates customers' digital transformation journey by enabling enterprises to master a software-defined approach to business and IT. With VMware solutions, organizations are building extraordinary experiences by mobilizing everything, responding faster to opportunities with modern data and apps hosted across hybrid clouds, and safeguarding customer trust with a defense-in-depth approach to cybersecurity.
At the core of what we do are our people who deeply value execution, passion, integrity, customers, and community. Do you dare to do the stuff you've always dreamed about? Dare to explore at
VMware offers cutting-edge cloud infrastructure and security services to companies of all shapes and sizes. Our world is all about technology, and that world is growing because the imagination, ingenuity and talent of our teams knows no bounds. We believe that creativity sparks innovation and inspires our employees to think of VMware differently and change the world around them.
Are you interested in working on one of the below teams?
Storage Applications, Networking Security, Cloud Platform, Cloud Native, Cloud Management Business Unit, Cloud Foundation, Office of the CTO
About the Team:
VMware NSX is a network virtualization platform that delivers the operational model of a virtual machine for the network. NSX is the flagship NSBU product at VMware. Virtual networks reproduce the network model in software, allowing complex multi-tier network topologies to be built and provisioned programmatically in seconds. NSX includes a library of logical networking services logical switches, logical routers, logical firewalls, logical load balancers, logical VPN, QoS, and distributed security.
A self-service interface allows users to build custom combinations of these services in isolated software-based virtual networks that support existing applications without modification or deliver rare requirements for new application workloads. Similar to virtual machines in compute, virtual networks are programmatically provisioned and handled independent of networking hardware. Decoupling from hardware introduces agility, speed and operational efficiency that have transformed data center economics.
You will be part of a bright engineering team that has an open communication, empowerment, innovation, teamwork and customer success culture. We are looking for engineers who have a strong self-directed work ethic and make it happen mindset.
Job Role and Responsibilities:
As an Intern or New Graduate at VMware, you'll create innovative solutions and solve complex problems. You'll take ownership of meaningful, big-picture projects and springboard into an impactful career. At VMware, you will become immersed in all aspects of our innovative and collaborative culture, and ensure you get the full VMware experience. You'll interact with industry thought leaders at one of our world class campuses and enjoy networking, community service, and career development events.
As an intern you will:
* build the next generation of security products using your expertise in distributed systems, operating systems, networking, software technologies and open source tools to solve challenging customer use cases and delight them in the process.
* be part of a bright engineering team that has open communication, innovation, empowerment and a customer success culture.
* collaborate with cross-functional teams on innovative projects, with the authority and scope to apply your expertise in a fast-paced and technically driven environment.
* get exposure to a huge range of software platform, networking and firewall technologies that are loved by customers all over the world. We are looking for people who thrive in an open, innovative, technology-driven culture.
* Pursuing a Bachelors Degree in Computer Science or Electrical Engineering; Masters Degree preferred
* Strong knowledge of Java & Python
* Strong knowledge of databases, distributed systems and Object Oriented concepts
* Good understanding of the UI/UX
* Strong analytical, problem-solving, and debugging skills
* Strong team player
* Previous internship experience is a plus
* Ability to work independently Associated topics: identity, identity access management, idm, information security, leak, malicious, security analyst, security officer, violation, vulnerability
* The salary listed in the header is an estimate based on salary data for similar jobs in the same area. Salary or compensation data found in the job description is accurate.