Senior Director Program Development (Syracuse)
Compensation: $123,975.00 - $206,040.00 /year *
Employment Type: Full-Time
Industry: Executive Management
Loading some great jobs for you...
505 8th Ave, New York, NY 10018, USA Req #360
Thursday, October 31, 2019
ABOUT US: - We believe that everyone deserves a home!
Breaking Ground operates nearly 4,000 units of housing across New York City, along with housing in upstate New York and Connecticut. Supportive housing - affordable housing paired with services designed to help people maintain their homes for the long-term - is widely recognized as a proven and cost-effective solution to chronic homelessness.
But we didn't stop at providing housing. Breaking Ground's programs and services help people experiencing street homelessness - especially those who have been on the streets the longest - to come indoors. Through our Street to Home outreach program and transitional housing resources, we help people get, and stay, on the path to a permanent home.
The Programs Department at Breaking Ground is responsible for all social service delivery and day-to-day operations of Breaking Grounds programs, including street outreach, drop-in center, transitional housing, scatter site permanent housing, and Domench & Redwood senior residences.The Department plays an integral role in Breaking Grounds overall mission of ending homelessness by providing the foundation for individuals to make a successful transition from homelessness, through immediate services for homeless individuals and long-term support once people have been housed.The Sr. Director of Program Development is responsible for department wide initiatives and support and a portfolio of grant funded programs, which may include projects in development or start-up.The Sr. Director of Program Development plays a leadership role in the department and acts as a liaison with other Breaking Ground colleagues and departments and represents Breaking Ground to external stakeholders.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Direct Supervision of four employees- Assistant Director of Business Operations, Director of Aging Services, Staff Development Coordinator, Program Coordinator of Group Facilitation
- Coordination/management of private, grant funded initiatives that reside within the Programs Department, ensuring that benchmarks and targets are achieved, systems for documenting outcomes are implemented, that we are spending according to budget, and that we meet reporting requirements of each funder
- Oversee BGs MSW Internship Program & LCSW credentialing for existing staff, serving in the role of Educational Coordinator for schools of social work and furthering BGs relationship with the schools through public speaking engagements, internship and job placement fairs, etc.
- In collaboration with BGs QA and Data Services teams, will oversee the departments continuous quality improvement efforts which include defining and tracking performance measures, regular and ongoing review and analysis of the data, and quarterly performance meetings with Program Directors and department leadership
- Facilitation/coordination of reoccurring position meetings
- Will identify, draft, and disseminate department specific policies & procedures
- Will contribute to staff development and retention by identifying and implementing training & inservice opportunities for professional staff
- Continue to build on the reputation of Breaking Ground as a leader in the field, through supporting research and development of new programs, defining best practices, advocacy, providing technical assistance to other providers, and participating as experts in workshops and conferences.
- 5+ years experience in supportive housing, social services, policy or housing development.
- 3+ years experience in supervisory capacity
- Experience managing multiple programs
- Experience with project management and program start-up
- Demonstrated ability to effectively interface with external stakeholders
- Familiar with local, state, and federal housing and social service regulations
- Familiar with funding sources for housing and social service programs
- Familiar with best practices in the areas of homelessness, supportive housing, mental health, substance use, and related areas
- Strong supervisory skills
- Ability to manage multiple significant priorities, including complex and time sensitive projects
- Strong leadership skills, excellent communication skills, and commitment to problem solving and creative thinking
- Masters Degree in Social Work preferred, Public Administration or related field
Associated topics: administrative officer, administrative staff, assist, assistant, asso, front office, food, operation, operations director, support
* The salary listed in the header is an estimate based on salary data for similar jobs in the same area. Salary or compensation data found in the job description is accurate.
Loading some great jobs for you...