Sr Manager Associate Data Scientist
Employment Type: Full-Time
Are you looking for a patient-focused company that will inspire you and support your career? If so, be empowered to take charge of your future at Takeda. Join us as a Sr. Manager Associate Data Scientist in our Lexington, MA office.
Here, everyone matters and you will be a vital contributor to our inspiring, bold mission. As a Sr. Manager Associate Data Scientist working on the Data Science team, you will be empowered to be innovative and creative, and a typical day will include:
- The main responsibility of the Sr. Manager Associate Data Scientist is to assist the Data Science team as they tackle diverse key business questions from across the US Business Unit.
- Works to develop new analytical capabilities under direction of Data Scientists on the team, including performing data manipulation, statistical analyses, visualization and presentations.
- Leverages their technical experience, including a broad skillset that combines statistical, data science and computational expertise, to enable the development and implementation of novel advanced analytical capabilities.
- Develop data analyses and statistical models under the supervision of Data Scientists on the team
- Leverage experience and training in statistics to refine and optimize models and analyses, including feature engineering, model tuning and variable selection
- Develop independent exploratory data analyses and data visualizations that enable the team to understand the strengths, nuances and limitations of complex data sets to assist in identifying the right analytical approach given the available data
- Use statistical computing and scripting tools to develop computational pipelines that are reproducible, maintainable, customizable and well-documented. Use source control and other software development best practices.
- Process and analyze large health-related datasets ranging from small to Big Data and integrate and analyze Structured, Semi-structured, and Unstructured data
- Collaborate on analyses with internal Data Scientists and external partners, including communicating key findings.
- Ensure code and technical innovations are shared amongst the team. Document analysis and code pipelines to allow use by others.
- Contribute to the promotion of projects and code pipelines from pilot analysis to production-ready code, and finally to ongoing support of in-production workflows. Ensure code pipelines are well-documented, reproducible and maintainable.
- Customize existing code pipelines to meet the evolving needs of stakeholders, or to meet the needs of novel business partners.
- Work with internal stakeholders to ensure analyses are aligned to business needs
- Create presentations and visualizations that translate the results of complex analyses into clear, actionable insights. Present to stakeholders and non-technical leadership
EDUCATION, BEHAVIORAL COMPETENCIES AND SKILLS:
- Masters Degree in highly technical/quantitative discipline, for example Statistics, Analytics, Data Science, Mathematics, Systems Biology, Biophysics, Econometrics, or Operations Research
- 3 years of experience with complex analytical projects including advanced data analysis and statistical modeling in either an academic, research or professional setting. This does NOT include experience confined to course work during a Masters program, but should include out-of-class analytical experience or internship projects.
- Demonstrated experience working on teams performing complex, multi-staged analyses
- Extensive hands-on experience with statistical computing, data manipulation, exploratory data analysis, data visualization, statistical modeling, regression-type analysis, model interpretation
- Expertise in developing complex analyses in the R programming language, including both base and modern packages (e.g., tidyr, ggplot2). Python experience is also a plus.
- 3+ years in an analytical role in the pharmaceutical / biotechnology / healthcare industry preferred
- Experience with syndicated pharmaceutical industry data sets (e.g., from IQVIA, Symphony, etc.) preferred
Competencies & Skills
- Proven ability and training in generating advanced insight from statistical models, including (but not limited to) multivariate linear regression, cluster algorithms, decision trees, logistic regression, Principal Component Analysis (PCA), time series, survival analysis, machine learning (supervised and unsupervised), Bayesian Methods, Neural Networks, etc.
- Demonstrated proficiency with statistical computing, scripting, data pipelining and numerical analysis
- Experience with using software development principles to develop maintainable, reproducible and expandable code. Experience with source control such as git.
- Ability to develop frameworks for steering complex analytics projects.
- Ability to translate high-level directions into specific actions that drive results.
- Ability to independently extend analyses beyond what was initially directed when appropriate
- Ability to generate clear visualizations and concisely summarize findings of complex analyses
- Analytical thinker with an abundance of intellectual curiosity
- Excellent interpersonal & communication skills, with strong customer focus and the ability to build strong relationships and networks across the organization and externally
- Ability to learn technical and analytical skills from others on the team, both formally and informally.
- 10% - as required for meetings and conferences
WHAT TAKEDA CAN OFFER YOU:
- 401(k) with company match and Annual Retirement Contribution Plan
- Tuition reimbursement Company match of charitable contributions
- Health & Wellness programs including onsite flu shots and health screenings
- Generous time off for vacation and the option to purchase additional vacation days
- Community Outreach Programs
Empowering Our People to Shine
Learn more at **************.
Takeda is an EEO employer of minorities, women, disabled, protected veterans, and considers qualified applicants with criminal histories in accordance with applicable laws. For more information, visit ******************************************************
No Phone Calls or Recruiters Please.
Loading some great jobs for you...