Product Marketing Associate (Sicklerville)
Compensation: $84,970.00 - $141,250.00 /year *
Employment Type: Full-Time
Industry: Advertising/Marketing/Public Relations
Guest Supply is a leading global manufacturer and distributor to the Travel and Leisure industry, providing products to over 25,000 hotels in 109 countries. We manufacture personal care amenities and a full range of textiles, and, we distribute nearly everything else you find in the hotel public guest areas in the hotel room. Recently achieving a billion dollars in annual revenue, Guest Supply has grown its business by over 200% in the last 7 years. Guest Supply is also a wholly owned subsidiary of Sysco. Sysco is a 54 billion dollar, industry leading, global food and beverage distribution company, employing thousands of employees worldwide and home to the 13th largest sales organization in the world.
The Product Marketing Associate leads the development and execution of overall marketing strategy to grow the Furniture, Fixtures & Equipment product category. The Product Marketing Associate assists in the development of annual marketing plans & budgets, manages vendor/partner relationships to maximize reach to internal/external customer base, drives awareness of Furniture, Fixtures & Equipment product trends & innovation and ensures Furniture, Fixtures & Equipment product positioning and programs are well executed.
PLEASE APPLY DIRECTLY AT:
- Lead the development/execution of strategic plan for category growth.
- Partner with Sales and Corporate Account teams in the development of annual marketing plan.
- Manage vendor/partner relationships and their associated products to maximize reach/support internally and externally.
- Influence relationship to maximize execution capabilities across company (new product launches, inventory troubleshooting, communication and promotional calendar-ization, securing funding, etc.).
- Act as subject matter expert and key category contact for internal teams and vendor/partners.
- Assist with internal Sales, Corporate Accounts and Customer Service requests, including representing category POV and information needed for bid fulfillments.
- Partner with communications for awareness, promotion and training of Furniture, Fixtures & Equipment products across internal departments (Sales, Customer Service, Purchasing, etc.) and customers (i.e. incentives, etc.).
- Align with Business Services team regarding contracts and rebates.
- Setting annual objectives
- Play a key role in ongoing Furniture, Fixtures & Equipment category and program business analysis.
- Act as steward of Furniture, Fixtures & Equipment product positioning and competitive pricing recommendation/analysis.
- Partner internally to implement new product and marketing innovations.
- Research as needed to expand Furniture, Fixtures & Equipment product category knowledge.
- Assist in development of sales tools & training materials.
- Ensure Box product content is consistently up to date.
- Support production needs of Furniture, Fixtures & Equipment product category across internal/external design services.
- Identify Furniture, Fixtures & Equipment category and segmented product opportunities (i.e. Green, etc.).
- Manage content and updates for appropriate marketing category of:
- Customer touch points (catalog, guestsupply.com, brochures and external collateral site, order form guides, etc.)
- Internal touch points (People Soft, SKU Rationale, GSI net, intranet, image library, etc.)
- Establish pricing guidelines (High, Low, Target) and maintain salesman cost
- Participate in events and/or trade show execution, including attendance.
- Document business processes or workflows as needed.
- Perform additional marketing/sales support related tasks as required or assigned.
MINIMUM EDUCATION, INCLUDING DEGREES & CERTIFICATIONS:
- Bachelors Degree in Marketing, Business, Communications, or related field.
MINIMUM EXPERIENCE (YEARS & TYPE OF EXPERIENCE):
- 3-5 years of work experience/internship in marketing function.
- Knowledge of hospitality industry preferred.
- Knowledge in marketing of Furniture, Fixtures & Equipment preferred.
SKILLS & ABILITIES (TYPE & PROFICIENCY)
- Excellent communication (verbal and written), interpersonal and professional interactive skills are necessary to perform at a high degree of proficiency. Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from suppliers, customers, management and inter-department staff. Ability to successfully engage and lead individual and team discussions and meetings. Understands team dynamics and works well within a team structure. Capable of working with internal staff from other departments in a proactive and constructive manner.
- A mastery of organizational and project management skills, including the ability to plan, prioritize and execute multiple initiatives/deadlines autonomously and shift priorities as necessary. Able to manage large, complex projects. Uses time effectively.
- Customer Service Responds promptly to requests for service and assistance as needed. Follow up as needed.
- Problem Solving - Identifies and resolves problems in a timely manner. Gathers and analyzes information skillfully. Develops alternative solutions.
- Judgment - Displays willingness to make decisions. Exhibits sound and accurate judgment. Makes timely decisions.
- Professionalism - Approaches others in a tactful manner. Reacts well under pressure. Follows through on commitments.
- Detail Oriented Attention to details and accuracy.
- Proficient use of MS Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Access and Outlook) and Publisher. PeopleSoft ERP preferred.
- Copywriting experience preferred.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS & WORK ENVIRONMENT
- Normal office environment. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit, stand, walk and use hands and fingers to operate a computer keyboard, mouse and other office equipment (including photographic), and telephone to talk and hear. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus. May occasionally lift and/or move up to 20 pounds.
- While this position will primarily work in an office environment, this position will require travel to and from internal and customer events as needed (approximately 10%). Limited overnight travel is required to attend company events, staff meetings, training sessions, and vendor events.
- May be required to utilize personal vehicle for business travel that may result in long periods of sitting. Must maintain a valid driver license and provide proof of current automobile insurance coverage as set forth by Sysco.
- If working remote, must have required software to ensure timely communications and have a dedicated work space free of any distractions and participate in customer or conference calls in a business friendly environment.
- May be required to work evenings or weekends depending on business needs.
Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United States.
Guest Supply is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer, and considers qualified applicants without regard to race, color, creed, religion, ancestry, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, disability, veteran status or any other protected factor under federal, state or local law.
This opportunity is available through Sysco Corporation, its subsidiaries and affiliates.
Employment Type: Full Time
* The salary listed in the header is an estimate based on salary data for similar jobs in the same area. Salary or compensation data found in the job description is accurate.
Loading some great jobs for you...