Springwell is seeking an enthusiastic and compassionateHousing Care Coordinatorto join our Housing Department.
Pays $28.21/hr.($55k annually).
The Housing Care Coordinator conducts comprehensive in-home assessments with elders, helps determine needs and eligibility for government subsidized services, creates care plans and coordinates services. The Case Manager also provides regularly scheduled office hours in assigned housing sites to provide consultation and assistance for all residents of the building. The Case Manager communicates and collaborates with housing authority staff and community professionals.
Our ideal candidate will have a strong desire to work with seniors and individuals with disabilities, excellent organizational skills and be able manage constant change with a positive attitude.
- Bachelor's Degree required. Degree in Social Work, human services, nursing, psychology, sociology or related field preferred. Candidates with a degree in another discipline must demonstrate experience and/or strong interest in the field of human services via previous employment, internship, volunteer activity and/or additional studies.
- Social Work license or eligibility for MA Social Work license preferred.
- One year experience in human services field required.
- Working with computers, entering data and running reports.
- A reliable car, current driver's license and safe driving record required.
- 3 weeks of vacation in first year
- Birthday off
- 11 paid holidays
- 2 paid floating holidays
- 15 paid sick days per year (You can accumulate up to 450 hours)
- Health & dental insurance with employer contribution
- Life and long-term disability insurance at no cost to employee
- Flexible Spending Plan
- Employee Assistance Plan
- 401K Retirement Savings Plan w/ employer contribution
- Mileage reimbursement
- Flexible Work Options available after 6 months; alternate start time between 8:00 and 9:30 a.m., 4 day work week, 4.5 day work week, telecommuting work option, remote work option
- Employee referral bonuses
- Free parking
- Commitment to promoting from within
At Springwell, we are serious about our mission. For more than40 years, our staff has worked to help ensure that seniors and individuals with disabilities have the village they need and the support that is necessary for them to live at home with dignity and independence.
We are also serious about our employees. We are focused on creating a supportive, and welcoming environment that values each and every member of our staff. At Springwell we are fiercely committed to creating equal opportunities for all regardless of race, color, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, gender expression, national origin, age, language, and physical or mental disabilities.
We believe in:
- Accountability: At every level of the organization we are accountable: to the people we serve, to our funders, to our employees, to community professionals who rely on our support.
- Continuous Quality Improvement: We honor the fact that each of us is human, and we embrace a desire to examine the value and quality of our work and ask how we can provide a higher quality of service.
- Transparency: While we don't claim to be 100% transparent (there are certain things, like salaries and performance evaluations that are private) we continuously strive to be as open as possible.
- Balance: Life is a give and take, as is work. We are always examining that balance. Today, we have yoga classes on-site twice a week. We are exploring offering a Weight Watchers meeting. And afternoon meditation is under consideration. If there is a holiday to celebrate we have a party. This year, we built a dedicated lactation room for new moms. We are committed to listening to our staff, and examining and re-balancing our work environment.
Keywords: Waltham, Newton, Brookline, Watertown, Belmont, Needham, Wellesley, Weston, Boston, Case Manager, Case Management, Housing, Resident Services Coordinator, Mental Health, Managed Care, Social Services, Social Work, Care Coordinator, Social Worker, Elder, Geriatric Care, Assisted Living, Human Services, LSW, LCSW, Licensed, Medicare, Medicaid, Behavioral Health, Community Health, Long Term Care, Council on Aging
If interested, please apply at Job Posted by ApplicantPro