2020 Investment Operations Internship
Employment Type: Full-Time
Are you looking for a career that helps you apply your love of data, financial analysis, and investments to facilitate business strategy and work with diverse teams on challenging projects? Are you passionate about being a part of an exciting internship program that is focused on developing technical and professional skills while collaborating alongside leaders in the asset management community? If you are results-driven, have a real passion for working with financial data, are deeply analytical and highly creative, then Prudential’s PGIM Investment Operations Internship Program is the place for you!
PGIM Investment Operations and Systems provides the operations and technology support that contributes to PGIM being a world-class investment manager. We supply transaction-level support, generate and report investment results and ensure that our investment results are accurately reflected in our books and records.
The 10-week internship experience will provide you with valuable experiences during the summer. Within PGIM Investment Operations, interns can be placed into two business areas: PGIM Plan Accounting or PGIM Investment Operations which are both detailed below:
PGIM Plan Accounting: A shared service organization supporting the PGIM, Pru Retirement and Group Insurance businesses and their clients’ investments in separate accounts and trust vehicles
- Accounting: Transaction processing including client contributions, withdrawals and bank account monitoring; Accounting entries; Cash & ledger reconciliations; Client set up; Audit support
- Client Reporting: Production of client level commingled asset and investment reports; Client service support; 5500 and Schedule C regulatory reporting; Client performance; Audit support
- Financial Analysis: Calculation of investment management and other fees; Invoicing and collection of fees; Accounting entries and revenue collection; AUM reporting; Audit support
- Fund and Investor Services: Support of new fund development and set up; Oversee fund and client launch projects; Bank and vendor oversight; Regulatory reporting; Retirement Pooled Financial Statements; Audit Support
- Fund Valuation and Performance: Calculation of fund level pricing/unit values; Fund level performance reporting; Support of new fund development and set up; Transfer agency including asset to liability reconciliations and investor share ownership; Retirement Pooled Financial Statements; Single Client reporting; Audit support
- Client Order Management: Asset Manager relationship management and cashflow forecasting; Client order processing including exchanges and withdrawals; NSCC trading; Audit Support
PGIM Investment Operations: Is part of PGIM Operations & Systems and provides recordkeeping, accounting, reporting, and technology services for the investment portfolios supporting the Insurance Companies. Additionally, we support all investment data for the Chief Investment Officer and the Chief Risk Officer for Prudential.
- Accounting: Validation of portfolio and transaction-level activity including trades, income payments, corporate actions and deal restructurings in sub-ledger systems; Preparing and verifying general ledger entries; Completing reconciliations to custody banks, trade systems, and financial statements; Providing various reports to business partners
- Common Data Admin (CDA) / iRisk Data Integrity Group: Oversight of portfolio and security level financial data quality in the investment risk data warehouse, accounting system, and reporting databases; Submission and verification of adjustments to financial data; Performing reconciliations; Supporting data analysis, inquiries and projects
- Reporting: Supporting business partners by preparing, analyzing, and distributing limit monitoring, activity and holdings reports on a daily, weekly, monthly, quarterly, and annual basis sourced from ledger as well as various internal data warehouses; Preparation of monthly, quarterly, and annual Statutory and GAAP reporting
- Trade Management: Providing trade support functions including settlement/disbursement, custody, deal capture, and performance reporting; Executing cash and trade settlements and support the loan origination business; Performing SVO filings and various Enterprise and Asset management reports
1. Submit your application and digital introduction – You only need to complete one digital introduction once per recruiting season even if you apply for multiple early talent roles.
2. Participate in a digital first round interview – You may be invited to complete a digital first round interview, with 2 – 3 questions to showcase skills and experience relevant for the role.
3. Join us at Prudential for final round interviews – If selected, you’ll join us at Prudential for final round interviews to learn more about our business, culture and the early talent opportunities available across our organization.
For 2020 early talent roles, our process is designed to help you learn more about Prudential and share your story with us. Digital interviewing allows greater flexibility, enables a quicker interview process, allows us to meet more candidates and share your story with more members of your team. Want to learn more? Click here to review our FAQ’s.
We review applications on a rolling basis and we encourage you to apply as soon as you are ready. Our goal is to notify you of your status within 2 weeks after each application period concludes.
Period 1: July 15, 2019 to August 15, 2019
Period 2: August 15, 2019 to September 4, 2019
Period 3: September 4, 2019 to September 22, 2019
Period 4: September 22, 2019 to October 6, 2019
All applications should be fully completed by October 6, 2019
Loading some great jobs for you...