2020 Legal Intern
Compensation: $72,880.00 - $121,130.00 /year *
Employment Type: Full-Time
The Future Talent Program features internships that last up to 12 weeks and will include one or more projects. These opportunities can provide you with great development and a chance to see if we are the right company for your long-term goals.
The Corporate Transactions Legal Team is seeking an intern who is a current law student who will have completed one year (1L) of law school by Summer of 2020 and will be returning to law school in the Fall of 2020. The position will be located at our company's Headquarters in Kenilworth, New Jersey.
The Corporate Transactions Legal Team is within the Office of General Counsel organization. The Office of General Counsel is responsible for helping our company succeed in a manner that is responsible and consistent with the company's values and high ethical standards, complies with the law, and protects and enhances our reputation and other assets. The Corporate Transactions Legal Team handles all of our company's business development, licensing, research collaboration, merger and acquisition and other similar transactions. Through its transactions, our company is committed to finding and developing the best science to meet major unmet medical needs of patients.
One internship position with the Corporate Transactions Legal Team is available in Summer 2020. During your internship appointment you will work closely with experienced business development and transactional attorneys on projects with key tasks that may include the following:
* Working closely with attorneys on agreements supporting the development of the Company's products and the acquisition of products and services in connection with such development activities
* Supporting projects for direct and indirect procurement functions and global real estate services
* Working closely with attorneys to support transactions led by the Company's Corporate, Research Division, Human Health Division, Manufacturing Division, and Animal Health Divisions, including performing due diligence activities
* Assisting in drafting and negotiating clinical trial, investigator/consultant, research collaboration, data/material transfer, non-disclosure, procurement, license and other agreements
* Assisting with governmental filings with the competition law authorities in the U.S. and other markets
* Supporting activities to summarize/organize critical agreements and agreement provisions
Travel to company sites within New Jersey and Pennsylvania may be required.
A letter of reference from a professor is highly recommended; you may attach it in the same section of the profile as your resume.
* Law student (full-time or part-time) pursuing a J.D. degree from an accredited law school
* Undergraduate degree
* Available for 10-12 week internship
* A current 1L student returning to Law School in Fall of 2020
* At least a 3.0 cumulative undergraduate, Masters, or PhD GPA
* Experience with or study in the scientific field
* Strong personal character and ethics
* Superior communication and interpersonal skills
* Excellent academic achievement and analytical ability
* Team player with ability to work independently
Our Support Functions deliver services and makes recommendations about ways to enhance our workplace and the experience of working at our organization. Our Support Functions include HR, Finance, Information Technology, Legal, Procurement, Administration, Facilities and Security.
Who we are ?
Merck & Co., Inc., Kenilworth, New Jersey, USA is known as \"Merck\" in the United States, Canada & Puerto Rico. We are known as \"MSD\" in Europe, Middle East, Africa, Latin America & Asia Pacific. We are a global biopharmaceutical leader with a diverse portfolio of prescription medicines, oncology, vaccines and animal health products.
We are driven by our purpose to develop and deliver innovative products that save and improve lives. With 69,000 employees operating in more than 140 countries, we offer state of the art laboratories, plants and offices that are designed to Inspire our employees as we learn, develop and grow in our careers. We are proud of our 125 years of service to humanity and continue to be one of the world's biggest investors in Research & Development.
What we look for ?
In a world of rapid innovation, we seek brave Inventors who want to make an Impact in all aspects of our business, enabling breakthroughs that will affect generations to come. We encourage you to bring your disruptive thinking, collaborative spirit and diverse perspective to our organization. Together we will continue Inventing For Life, Impacting Lives while Inspiring Your Career Growth.
If you need an accommodation for the application process please email us at ...@merck.com
For more information about personal rights under Equal Employment Opportunity, visit:
EEOC GINA Supplement
OFCCP EEO Supplement
OFCCP Pay Transparency Rule
We are an equal opportunity employer, Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran - proudly embracing diversity in all of its manifestations.
Search Firm Representatives Please Read Carefully
Merck & Co., Inc., Kenilworth, NJ, USA, also known as Merck Sharp & Dohme Corp., Kenilworth, NJ, USA, does not accept unsolicited assistance from search firms for employment opportunities. All CVs / resumes submitted by search firms to any employee at our company without a valid written search agreement in place for this position will be deemed the sole property of our company. No fee will be paid in the event a candidate is hired by our company as a result of an agency referral where no pre-existing agreement is in place. Where agency agreements are in place, introductions are position specific. Please, no phone calls or emails.
Intern/Co-op (Fixed Term)
Flexible Work Arrangements:
Valid Driving License:
Number of Openings:
* The salary listed in the header is an estimate based on salary data for similar jobs in the same area. Salary or compensation data found in the job description is accurate.
Loading some great jobs for you...