2020 IT Job Rotational Employee (ETR) - Entry-Level
Employment Type: Full-Time
Industry: Information Technology
Our IT team operates as a business partner proposing ideas and innovative solutions that enable new organizational capabilities. We collaborate internationally to deliver the services and solutions that help everyone to be more productive and enable innovation.
IT Emerging Talent Rotational (ETR) Program Description
Are you passionate about the latest technologies? Do you want to contribute to our company's mission to save and improve lives around the world? Are you looking for exposure to different technology roles and groups?
The Emerging Talent Rotational (ETR) Program is a full-time, entry-level, 2-year job rotation opportunity for recent college degree recipients (Bachelors and Masters) interested in technology. Throughout rotation assignments, employees build the skills and networks foundationa for a continued career in our IT team. The program offers employees exposure to diverse IT roles and teams in the form of rotation assignments to develop their technical, business, and professional capabilities. As a new IT Rotational Employee, you will be assigned to 2-3 rotation job roles based on business openings where you can make the greatest impact. Upon successful completion of the program, you will be offered a final job placement within our IT team.
Rotations are assigned based on business needs. Examples of areas you can potentially work in are:
* Data Science & Informatics
* Business/Technical Analysis
* Project Management
* Digital Product Development
* Cyber Security
Education Minimum Requirement:
* A recent Bachelor's or Master's degree graduate in Science, Technology, Engineering, Math, Business, Computer Science or similar (must have been awarded a degree in a related field within the last 3 years)
Required Experience and Skills:
* Must have successfully completed least 1 internship or co-op in a technology related field
* Versatility and willingness to try at least 3 different technology related roles
* Geographic mobility to potentially rotate through different US regions as needed (including but not limited to NJ, TX, PA, MA)
* Passion for using technology for healthcare advancement
* Ability to effectively manage multiple priorities, multiple managers, and work under pressure
* A self-starter with demonstrated campus and/or community leadership experience
* A quick-learner with the ability to self-onboard to assignments as needed; can succeed with limited supervision
* Superior communication and interpersonal skills
* Must be a US citizen, lawful permanent resident of the US or otherwise authorized to work in the US without requiring sponsorship now or in the future.
Preferred Experience and Skills:
* GPA of 3.0 or higher
Our Support Functions deliver services and makes recommendations about ways to enhance our workplace and the experience of working at our organization. Our Support Functions include HR, Finance, Information Technology, Legal, Procurement, Administration, Facilities and Security.
Who we are ?
Merck & Co., Inc., Kenilworth, New Jersey, USA is known as \"Merck\" in the United States, Canada & Puerto Rico. We are known as \"MSD\" in Europe, Middle East, Africa, Latin America & Asia Pacific. We are a global biopharmaceutical leader with a diverse portfolio of prescription medicines, oncology, vaccines and animal health products.
We are driven by our purpose to develop and deliver innovative products that save and improve lives. With 69,000 employees operating in more than 140 countries, we offer state of the art laboratories, plants and offices that are designed to Inspire our employees as we learn, develop and grow in our careers. We are proud of our 125 years of service to humanity and continue to be one of the world's biggest investors in Research & Development.
What we look for ?
In a world of rapid innovation, we seek brave Inventors who want to make an Impact in all aspects of our business, enabling breakthroughs that will affect generations to come. We encourage you to bring your disruptive thinking, collaborative spirit and diverse perspective to our organization. Together we will continue Inventing For Life, Impacting Lives while Inspiring Your Career Growth.
If you need an accommodation for the application process please email us at ...@merck.com
For more information about personal rights under Equal Employment Opportunity, visit:
EEOC GINA Supplement
OFCCP EEO Supplement
OFCCP Pay Transparency Rule
We are an equal opportunity employer, Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran - proudly embracing diversity in all of its manifestations.
Search Firm Representatives Please Read Carefully
Merck & Co., Inc., Kenilworth, NJ, USA, also known as Merck Sharp & Dohme Corp., Kenilworth, NJ, USA, does not accept unsolicited assistance from search firms for employment opportunities. All CVs / resumes submitted by search firms to any employee at our company without a valid written search agreement in place for this position will be deemed the sole property of our company. No fee will be paid in the event a candidate is hired by our company as a result of an agency referral where no pre-existing agreement is in place. Where agency agreements are in place, introductions are position specific. Please, no phone calls or emails.
Flexible Work Arrangements:
Valid Driving License:
Number of Openings:
Associated topics: chief program officer, cpo, manage, manager, management, monitor, product manager, project manager, relationship manager, task
Loading some great jobs for you...