Compensation: $118,135.00 - $205,820.00 /year *
Employment Type: Full-Time
Industry: Education - Post Secondary
Loading some great jobs for you...
* Advanced graduate degree in progress and excellent academic record required (e.g., MBA, PhD, etc.)
* Outstanding records of academic and managerial or professional achievement
* Exceptional analytical and quantitative problem-solving skills
* Strong record of leadership in an academic, professional, or extracurricular setting
* Ability to work collaboratively in a team environment
* Ability to work effectively with people at all levels in an organization
* Ability to communicate complex ideas effectively, both verbally and in writing, in English and the local office language(s)
* Willingness to travel
Who You'll Work With
Associate Interns join our offices and practices (e.g. Digital McKinsey, Marketing & Sales) around the world for 8 - 10 weeks, usually in the summer, to work in teams and directly with our clients.
When you join McKinsey as an Associate Intern, you are joining a firm that will challenge you and invest in your professional development. In this role you will work on the best teams to help the best organizations in the world in private, public, and social sectors solve their most difficult problems. You will also work with many experts, from data scientists and researchers to software and app designers.
If you are interested in joining a specific practice, please indicate this in your office/practice preference (combinations are possible). Internship opportunities vary by office, so please check with your campus recruiter to determine what possibilities are available if you have questions. If you are not working directly with a campus recruiter, you may check with the office of interest to learn more.
To learn more about how we help our clients and where you fit in, visit our careers site.
What You'll Do
You'll work in teams of typically 3 - 5 consultants, playing an active role in all aspects of client engagement.
This includes gathering and analyzing information, formulating and testing hypotheses, and developing and communicating recommendations. You'll also have the opportunity to present results to client management and implement recommendations in collaboration with client team members. Associate Interns receive exceptional training as well as frequent coaching and mentoring from colleagues on their teams. This support includes a Partner from your local office or practice assigned to you to help guide your career as well as formal training in your first few weeks as an intern. Additionally, you'll receive guidance and support from your local office or practice in the selection of client projects, helping you to develop your skills and build your network.
While all consultants develop specialized knowledge and a focused program as they progress with McKinsey, most are initially very broad in their focus, meaning they do not need specific industry or functional expertise to be successful. For consultants who join McKinsey as experienced professionals, this can mean building on previous knowledge or developing unique experience in an area that is completely new. You will likely intersect with many elements of our firm's work including Digital McKinsey, Implementation, and New Ventures - either by collaborating on teams or working with colleagues from these groups.
Associated topics: business, business advisory, business analysis, business systems, client, consult, consultant, information technology consultant, market, sap
* The salary listed in the header is an estimate based on salary data for similar jobs in the same area. Salary or compensation data found in the job description is accurate.
Loading some great jobs for you...