Hub Group, Inc (NASDAQ: HUBG) is a $4 billion provider of multi-modal transportation services. Our 4,000 employees deliver innovative solutions and industry leading service to help our customers better control their supply chains and associated costs. Our collaborative and inclusive culture offers extensive career development and learning opportunities. We were recently ranked in the top 25 of America's Best Midsize Employers by Forbes.
The Account Management Intern position is designed to enhance the knowledge and skillset of students in the area of transportation management. Interns will have the opportunity to work directly with our customer facing department, Account Management, on relevant projects pertaining to enhancing service metrics, reducing operating cost, and providing solutions to our customers.
Essential Job Functions
* Participate in our internship program where you will have the opportunity to interact with interns from other departments within the organization and prepare you for a career in the transportation industry.
* Complete projects according to individual specifications.
* Develop strong professional relationships with the Account Management team.
* Coordinate with other departments to complete assigned projects and tasks.
* Meet and/or beat assigned metrics and goals.
* Communicate effectively with various vendors, internal departments, and customers.
* Assist team in the development of transportation solutions for our customers.
* Duties, responsibilities and activities may be assigned or changed from time to time.
* Must be a self-starter, and have the ability to communicate and interface effectively with all levels of the Hub organization in a manner that consistently produces results.
* Ideal candidate will possess strong data analysis skills, technical problem solving skills, and effective organizational skills.
* Excellent communication skills both verbal and written.
* Knowledge of various Microsoft Office products including, but not limited to, Excel and Word.
* Enrollment in a transportation, logistics, or supply chain undergraduate degree program for the duration of the internship is preferred.
* Ability to manage multiple priorities as well as flexibility to adapt to change with new systems and methods while working in a team environment.
Our summer internship is 40 hours per week Monday thru Friday with a preference for an undergraduate student entering their senior year of college.
We are committed to a policy of Equal Employment Opportunity and will not discriminate on any legally recognized basis, including but not limited to race, age, color, religion, sex, marital status, national origin, citizenship, ancestry, non-job related handicap or disability or veteran status. Hub Group is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodation to individuals with disabilities. If, because of a disability, you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please send an e-mail to ...@hubgroup.com and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information.