Come Build Your Career Under OUR Roof Job Description:
At GAF, putting a roof over your head is the foundation of our business. As we continue to pursue the excellence that has led us to the top, one thing is constant- it's all the best in the industry, and it's made by the best people in the industry.
GAF products have been designed and made for more than 125 years by talent and innovation emanating from the minds of its employees. All 3,200 of us are champions of our values, some of which include innovation, safety, quality, and integrity, and we work for a company that rewards us for it. That's why we've grown into a $3 billion leader in the building materials industry.Come build your future as we build the American dream- one roof at a time.
The GAF Summer Internship Programis a chance for you to learn about your chosen field in a real work environment with experienced GAF professionals. You'll be involved in various projects as an integral member of our working teams.
- We offer full-time assignments to those students who are working toward undergraduate degrees in ComputerScienceor related information technology.
- During your assignment, you will have a mentor - someone who will act as a coach to help you better understands both our company and your work responsibilities.
Specific responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Assist service desk support team with handling trouble tickets. They will be responsible for receiving and making calls in support of diverse clients. They will have extensive use of incident tracking tool while performing ticket triage and routing.
- Assist change management team with monthly reporting responsibilities and verifying accuracy of change requests in current tools.
- Assist the maintenance and updating of computer hardware and software
- Provide basic support for peripheral systems such as our VoIP telephone system, printers, faxes, etc.
- Provide support on latest software and hardware technology as needed by specific departments
- Provide technical assistance to computer users, operations' staff and development personnel due to changes in hardware/software components
- Implement and support network infrastructure to meet business needs, IT initiatives and regulatory requirements.
- Assist with support of day-to-day operation of enterprise networks and all of its related technologies.
- The Co-op student will be expected to participate on project teams as required, and will receive direct supervision and instruction from more experienced resources and/or supervisor when working in more complex areas
- Assist the PMO team with day to day project management functions to learn the business side of IT
- Candidates must be pursuing a Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or related field.
- All candidates must have a minimum 3.0 GPA, at least sophomore standing.
- Candidates must be independent, self-motivated and have excellent technical, problem solving and communication skills.
- Candidates should have experience with Microsoft office tools.
- Candidates should understand change management concepts and have a basic understanding of Networks, Operating systems, Databases and Network protocols.
Candidates must beauthorized to work in the United States, without visa sponsorship.
All GAF internship roles are paid at an hourly rate, however, there are no benefits associated with these positions. Candidates are expected to work 20 hoursper week over the spring period. We are targeting currently enrolled college students who will be staying in the NJ/NY metro area for the duration of the internship and be able to commute to our World Headquarters in Parsippany, NJ. Housing, transportation, F-1 and HB-1 visa sponsorship will not be provided in association with these positions.
We believe our employees are our greatest resource. We offer competitive salary, benefits, 401k, and vacation packages for all full time permanent positions. We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and GAF, SGI, and Siplast are proud to be affirmative action employers. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity, or Veteran status. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know. If applying for positions in the U.S., must be eligible to work in the U.S. without need for employer sponsored visa (work permit).
Associated topics: chief program officer, cpo, manage, manager, management, monitor, product manager, project manager, relationship manager, task