* Represent company in a professional manner at all times when interacting with customers * Handle customer requests for service effectively and expediently, including requests to turn on service, transfer service, turn off service, and reconnect service in compliance to state Utility Regulatory Commission rules and regulations * Answer inbound calls regarding payment plans, and other general inquiries * Respond to billing inquiries educating customers on how to manage and decrease energy consumption * Respond with urgency to all emergency calls; such as gas leaks, power outages, and other unsafe situations
What you bring
* High school diploma/GED * 2 - 4 years in a team-oriented customer service environment * Strong interpersonal and communication skills * Proficient in general math skills * Strong PC skills.
Added bonus if you have:
* Associate's degree or equivalent credit hours completed
What we bring to you
* Professional growth and development programs including tuition reimbursement to help advance your knowledge, skills and even career * Comprehensive health and wellness plans for you and your family * 401(k) Savings Plan featuring a company contribution regardless of your contribution along with company match opportunities for additional savings * Paid holidays and paid time off * Competitive compensation including at risk incentive potential
We want you to know
We value talent, innovation and diversity and understand that our colleagues allow us the opportunity to deliver an exceptional customer experience. We achieve our goals through teamwork and conduct our business with integrity. Vectren Corporation, a CenterPoint Energy Company, is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer dedicated to diversity and inclusion in the workplace.
Associated topics: call center, clerk, customer care, customer care representative, internship, representante de servicio al cliente, representative, service specialist, system support, technical support
* The salary listed in the header is an estimate based on salary data for similar jobs in the same area. Salary or compensation data found in the job description is accurate.