Summer Intern 2019 ? EHS Intern
Who are we?
Allergan markets a portfolio of leading brands and best-in-class products for the central nervous system, eye care, medical aesthetics and dermatology, gastroenterology, women's health, urology and anti-infective?therapeutic categories. With commercial operations in approximately 100 countries, Allergan is committed to working with physicians, healthcare providers and patients to deliver innovative and meaningful treatments that help people around the world live longer, healthier lives every day.
Allergan is a company that will inspire you to aim high with your ambition. When you intern at Allergan, you will have the opportunity to thrive in a fast-paced, strategic environment where bold, innovative thinking isn?t just welcomed, it?s encouraged. You will gain hands on experience that will help you grow both professionally and personally. Across all functions, we relish the opportunity to help our people fulfill their potential. Our rapid growth strategy means plenty of opportunities to step into the spotlight. Power your future & join our bold team.
Are you ready to join our team and make a difference?
Each summer, we offer internship programs for college and university students to join Allergan. It?s an opportunity for you ?to engage in a meaningful work environment. Students will gain valuable hands-on, real -world work experience that will help prepare you for the next step in your career. The intern will work ?for 10 or 12 weeks under the supervision of one or more mentors on projects.
Main Areas of Responsibilities:
-Perform qualitative and quantitative exposure assessments of chemical and physical agents and ergonomic stresses in the work place
-Perform fit tests on employees who wear respirators
-Conduct training for respiratory protection, hazard communication and other EHS topics as needed
-Write SOPs covering EHS topics to be used in site's SOP training program
-Contribute to waste management activities with the goal of increasing the amount of waste recycled? and reducing the overall amount of waste generated on site.
- Must be enrolled as a full-time student at an accredited university and in good academic standing.
- Must be pursuing a Bachelors?degree?in Environmental Safety ?or other closely related discipline.
- Must have valid U.S. work authorization without the need for sponsorship by the company.?
- Must be able to work for 10 or 12 weeks for the duration of the internship.
- No relocation, transportation, or housing assistance will be provided
- Strong attention to detail, good organization skills and ability to prioritize
- Possess excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Be able to handle multiple projects and initiatives while maintaining a strong sense of urgency
Associated topics: diligence, ehs, environment, health and safety, hygiene, osha, recycle, recycling, safety specialist, sewage